12 Reasons Why Honey Is The Perfect Skin Treatment
1. Honey contains many vitamins including C and B and niacin as well as amino acids and minerals that are excellent for building beautiful skin.
2. Honey is full of antioxidants which reverse the aging process by fighting free radicals which are in the air around us and which break down our immune system.
3. Honey cleans the pores and removes the impurities in the skin. When mixed with water if forms a natural hydrogen peroxide. This helps clean the pores.
4. Honey is an antiseptic so it fights bacteria that can be on your skin. It is good for cleaning wounds and cuts preventing further infection.
5. Honey fights inflammation and redness caused by acne and rosacea. It is especially good on oily skin that can be prone to acne. Yet honey will not dry the skin.
6. Honey moisturizes your skin and makes it supple and soft. Even oily skin is moisturized and balanced.
7. Honey is a natural humectant which is the ability to trap moisture in your skin. Therefore it holds the moisture that is essential for supple skin.
8. Honey, when left on the skin as a mask, often combined with lemon or avocado, it is a skin regenerator that brightens the skin.
9. Honey is good for exfoliation when mixed with oatmeal to remove old cells and help with regeneration of the new cells underneath.
10. Honey acts as a skin lightener when used on dark spots on the skin, especially those caused by acne.
11. Honey, when used regularly, prevents wrinkles and fine lines from appearing on your skin. It makes skin supple and plumps out the wrinkles.
12. Honey is able to prevent sun damage when used regularly. The vitamins, antioxidant properties and moisturizing properties protect the skin from the suns damaging rays.
What Is Pure Honey
The use of honey for health and beauty is only as good as the honey you use. Pure Honey is best purchased from the honey bee keeper or from a farmers market. Many commercial honeys have added ingredients to make more of the product without the customer’s knowledge. Pure honey is just that, pure honey from the bees. After extracting the honey from the bee comb some people add sugar water, cane sugar and other ingredients to the honey.One of the most common is syrup of jaggery. This makes the use of honey for beauty and health less effective. Only pure honey has the benefits that can really promote your facial beauty and your optimum health.
How To Tell If Your Honey Is Pure
It can be difficult to know if your honey is pure. Once bottled, you can read the label carefully. Even if you think you have purchased pure honey but want to be sure, there are a few tests you can do to see if your honey is pure.
1. Put a little honey on a piece of paper and burn the paper. If the paper burns and the honey does not, it is pure hone.
2. Take a glass of water and add a tablespoon of honey. If your honey is pure, it will stick to the bottom and will not disolve.
3. Put the wick of a candle in honey. If you can light the candle, the honey is pure. If it has water in the honey it will not burn or it will crackle.
4. Honey should not absorb into absorbent paper. If it does, then there is something added to the honey.
Therefore, use your pure honey to your advantage and have some fun by taking the tests to see if your honey is pure.
Other articles you may be interested in reading: